General Terms and Conditions
“Friends of the RSO” is a club for people attending performances of the ORF Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra. Members of this audience club have the choice of taking out either “silver membership” or “golden membership”.
Acquisition of Silver Membership
Membership can be acquired in one of two ways:
- Using the registration form: Membership begins after full payment of the current annual fee and submission of the completed registration form as stipulated under the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions.
- Online registration: When registering online, the patron offers the ORF, Würzburggasse 30, 1136 Vienna (hereinafter referred to as “ORF”) conclusion of a usage agreement pertaining to membership as stipulated under the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions. The ORF accepts this offer by sending/issuing a membership card valid for the contractual period.
For Ö1 Club members, silver membership is available for €25 instead of €33.
ORF RadioKulturhaus cardholders are granted a 10% reduction on silver membership.
Customers shall notify the ORF without delay of any changes to their personal data. Any losses arising from the failure to fulfil this obligation shall be borne by the customer.
Right of Withdrawal
The customer has the right to withdraw from the contract within seven working days after receipt of the membership card (in the case of online registration) or seven working days following payment of the current annual fee. Such withdrawal requires the return of the membership card and a declaration of withdrawal within the period stipulated. No reasons need be given for withdrawal. The customer is not entitled to reimbursement of the membership fee if he or she has already taken advantage of one of the offers included in the membership.
Advantages of being a “Friend of the RSO”
For the duration of their silver membership, customers are entitled to take advantage of the following offers:
- Visits to orchestra rehearsals
- One free CD per season
- Concessions on numerous concerts at the Konzerthaus, Musikverein, Theater an der Wien and ORF RadioKulturhaus on presentation of a valid membership card:
concession on up to two single tickets when tickets go on sale to the general public (orders by phone or e-mail or ticket purchase at the venue box office)
- RSO Friends have a 10% reduction on tickets for the ORF RadioKulturhaus (available only in the ORF Shop)
- 10% concession on concert trips during orchestra tours
- Special offers on the Orchestra’s CDs at the ORF Shop
- Receipt of the annual brochure
Apart from the advantages of silver membership listed above, golden membership entitles customers to the following additional offers:
- two free tickets for a selected concert per season, including an interval reception
- exclusive presentation of the RSO’s annual programme ahead of official publication
- one exclusive event per year and a reception with principal conductor Cornelius Meister, director Christoph Becher and selected orchestra musicians
- 25% concession on concert trips during orchestra tours
- On request: publication of the customer’s name in the season programme and on the RSO homepage
Selected offers are subject to change at any time. Current advantages of membership are listed at rso.ORF.at/Freunde .
Use and Enjoyment
Membership is valid for one year from the date of issue until the last day of the twelfth month. Members can take advantage of the offers included in their membership as soon as they have their membership card in their possession and their membership fee has been paid. The contract partners are entitled to cancel the contract at any time and with immediate effect should there be relevant grounds for doing so. Such grounds include especially the justified suspicion that the membership is not being exploited as stipulated by the terms of the contract. In such cases the membership is cancelled with immediate effect and the member is barred. Customers are obliged to return cancelled membership cards to the ORF without delay when requested to do so. If the grounds for cancellation lie within the customer’s sphere of influence, the customer shall bear the costs of returning the membership card and shall not be entitled to any compensation.
The offers included in membership are open solely to the cardholder. To prevent any misuse, customers must present their membership cards together with a photo ID whenever they take advantage of an offer. The membership card may not be transferred to third parties.
Customers shall notify the ORF without delay if their membership card is lost or stolen. The ORF will issue a new card as soon as possible and send it to the customer. From the second reported loss or theft of a card the ORF shall be entitled to levy a fee of €10 for issuing a replacement card. If a card that has been reported lost or stolen is returned to the customer following issue of a replacement card, the old card shall be returned to the ORF by the customer who shall bear the costs of the return and shall receive no compensation.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
Notification of any changes to the Terms and Conditions will be sent in writing to the customer’s last known address. Such changes shall be deemed to have been accepted if no refusal to accept is received from the customer within 30 days. If the customer does not accept the changes to the Terms and Conditions, this contract shall become null and void and the membership card shall be returned to the ORF by the customer who shall bear the costs of the return. Customers shall be informed of the consequences of refraining from non-acceptance separately in the notification of changes to the Terms and Conditions.
Choice of Jurisdiction and Court
The laws of the Federal Republic of Austria apply with the exception of conflict of laws. Applicability of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods is excluded. Place of fulfilment is Vienna. As court of jurisdiction, the court in Vienna shall be agreed upon that has jurisdiction ratione loci and ratione materiae except for customers who do not have the status of consumers as defined under § 1 of the KSchG (Austrian Consumer Protection Law). Court actions brought against consumers shall be heard at the court of the customer’s place of residence, habitual place of residence of place of employment.